Written Randomness

Friday, May 11, 2007

What's Neverland?



This is my new place of employment! I will be the Unit assistant for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Sounds important huh. Anyway, I had to go in today to get a physical and to get my papers on the benefit package I am being offered. I am really excited about working here, but I am definitely not in Neverland anymore. I had to go into the administration building where they handed me a portfolio of paperwork they asked me to fill out, then I had to go to another building where they asked me all sorts of questions about my health and I had to to a urine sample.



They could have warned me about that one, I had just gone to the bathroom not too long before that, I managed though. Then I had to go to the testing lab to get blood drawn to make sure that I don't have any blood born diseases that I might pass on to the kids. I then made it back up to where they gave me a few more pointers on the paper work and sent me off with a plethera of options of what to do. I am slightly overwhelmed at the moment, excited, but overwhelmed. I am looking forward to the change and taking on this responsibility, but it would be nice if we didn't have to worry about our criminal background, whether we are going to have enough money to retire (what is retirement anyway?), what person might sue us because of one wrong move. I want change, but I want change on an eternal level. Please pursue being uncomfortable for the gospel. Do you have the right fear in you when you think of sharing your faith! Don't be complacent in your job, know that we are skilled in different things for a reason, pursue truth, exercise it in love and know that you have the power of the Holy Spirit inside you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becks said...

Amen! Welcome to the adult world - the land of paper trails and body fluid samples. Real world, ready or not here we come!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home