Written Randomness

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Rosin and Softball...random I know

In between learning about the histology (who really even know what that word means) of the digestive system and the physiology of the kidneys, my friend and lab partner Laura and I went to the women's softball game. Props to the girls for their win! They are, for the third year (maybe even the fourth) in a row, the region 2 champions. What studs. This is Candice Thomas, she pitches lights out. I want to give her some props because I know that she is a great softball player, but she is also a wonderful woman. She is so dedicated to all she does and she is full of character. Her abilities pale in comparison to the person she is. I am thankful to have served along side her and to have spent times learning more about her. Congrats softball girls.
This is Rosin. I went to Music Mike's today to buy a new one. Kind of a funny thing because I knew that I needed a new rosin, but what I had not realized was that the rosin I have is the same one I got when I first started plaing in 5th grade. It is kind of a funny thing, you get it nice and pretty and smooth, but you don't want it to be smooth, you want the residue. The poweder that comes off when you scratch the rosin is what makes your bow glide so nicely on the violin strings. I was told once that you want to see a dust cloud coming off of you when you are playing, that way you know you are playing hard! It felt good to have a rosined up bow and to set foot in a music store again! I am excited to play. Thanks to my sweet amazing boyfriend!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home