Written Randomness

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One Sweet Sunday

This Sunday Charlie and I attended Sandals Church, and boy am I glad we did. We were blessed to watch as Sandals sent out their very first short term service team to Africa, listen to a sweet sermon by Pastor Matt about prayer, and we also watch 3 of our friends get baptized that day. I am so proud of Kimmy as she has strived to be an agent of change in a very large church and has truly desired that the Lord would humble her through it all. Pastor Matt brought it about reverence for the Lord as we pray. We must exhibit with our bodies what we are saying with our mouth, we must give Him praise as we pray and know that if He never answers another prayer again that His work on the cross and resurrection is more than we ever would have deserved, and we should be moved to repentance when coming before Him. I sat and more than twenty people were Baptized in the name of Jesus and made a public proclamation to live their lives for Christ. This is such a beautiful thing to watch people come to Christ, admit they need a savior, and humble themselves in front of loved ones and peers and state that they are a new creation living in His shadow. I am thankful. Thankful to know Christ and to know that He lives and that He moves among His people here and now. Thank you for your authenticity Sandals.

3 Comments:

Blogger lizhoweth said...

yay brookie! i'm so glad you're a blogger now! i was trying to think of a way i could stalk you =)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Brooke, I'm so sorry I haven't written you back yet. I have been wanting to it's been crazy around here. Please know that I loved your emails and you will get one from me soon. I love you girl.

1:01 AM  
Blogger sataynton said...

Hey, I got to your blog through Josh and Liz's. I'm glad you jumped on the blogger bandwagon, and that you're being blessed. Keep blogging about it!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home