Written Randomness

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ode to Anatomy

So I want to go to nursing school. I am currently taking 2 classes at Riverside Community College...funny cause I already have my Bachelor's in Administration. I am in Anatomy and Physiology and Chemistry. In other classes I could get away with not reading the text book and coming up with my own ideas about the goings on of Management, but with these classes you either know it or you don't. If you don't read the text book you are not going to get very far. If you don't spend time memorizing the terms and the body parts you will fail. The great thing is that I had a nurse tell me that none of her nursing classes were as hard as the anatomy classes and so far I have done fairly well. That brings me hope that I will be able to make it through. I must say though that we were truly given so much thought by our Creator. He made us so incredibly complex and He made each of us unique in the most slight ways that make us look completly different yet so the same. Everyday I am more and more amazed at the way He made us with such intricate detail and that same God loves me and pursues me with His truth. For that I am thankful! Thank you to all the people who have spent their lives trying to figure out the way we work and what we are made up of because I know that I would not have had the brain power or the patience. I get to benefit from their persistence and hopefully care for others as I exercise this knowlege.

2 Comments:

Blogger T-Dub said...

I know that you will do just fine in the nursing program. I also know that you will let Brittany use anything you have done to help her out if she chooses to do it also. haha, jk.

You're right, our bodies are amazing and it is crazy to think about how intricate and detailed everything is. I wonder how so many people can deny that there is a God after knowing these things. I pray that some day a light will click on in their head and they will see the true light. God may use you to help that happen.

11:57 AM  
Blogger rindy said...

Brooke!! I am so excited to read about you going to nursing school. Maybe I'm a little biased, but I truly believe nurses have a special ministry all their own. I know you will be a FANTASTIC nurse. As hard as it is for me to believe, I'll be finishing nursing school in 10 weeks!!! If you need any help, or just need to express stress to someone who REALLY understands, email me, call me, IM me, whatever you need to do!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home