Written Randomness

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Somewhere out there...




Even though we might be upwards of 7,000 miles away I can't seem to do anything without a remnant of Charlie there! :) That is a ok with me. I decided to go swimming at the pool today, of which Charlie spent a great deal of his time here while in swimming and water polo, and some people were throwing the water polo ball in the deep end and asked me if I would like to join them. I am always up for something athletic so I did it. I am definitely not a fish, props to all you who can tread water, defend someone in the hole, catch a ball and throw it all at the same time. I really enjoyed my time in the water. Crystal said, I love athletic people. We may not be pro at any one thing, but we sure can give almost anything a try. It is so true, sports are a blast.


The second Charlie reminder happened when my mom asked me if I wanted to go to a play the little neighbor boys were in. Well little to my knowledge that this would be the play.

Kind of ironic if you ask me! As if it isn't already enough that he is gone! :) It really was a great production and I am glad I went. These boys are so cute. One was an oompa loompa and the other was a towns kid. They did a great job and I had a great dinner with my parents. They were glad we came because this family just moved about a year and a half ago so they treat us much like family since theirs is not close anymore. Anyway, all that to say, in a really great way, I miss Charlie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becks said...

Oh Shrookie! Poor forlorn, and pining! He'll be home soon, but that whole Charlie and the Chocolate Factory thing is pretty hilarious! I'm reminded of the Michelle Branch song, "Cuz your everywhere I see, when I close my eyes it's you I see..."

8:26 AM  
Blogger T-Dub said...

If it makes you feel any better, I miss Charlie too. He's a great guy to have around. But if he's gotta be away, there isn't a better place than serving our Lord and Savior in a place of need.

I'm sure he's missing you just as bad...if not worse. ;)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home